- Mother-Person: Oh well, such is life. I'll probably be a pain when I get old too. I have to keep remembering.
- Me: nuh uh
- you will not
- *loves the mommy so much she could never be a pain*
- : *
- Mother-Person: No guarantees. Awww that's sweet. <3
- Me: *shrug*
- I'll just put you out to pasture in a rest home
- : P
- you know, cuz I'll be rich and whatnot
- Mother-Person: :p
- Me: hehehehe
- Mother-Person: Oh yah, I forgot...
- Me: I keed I keed
- mebbe I'll just move you into the basement like <family friend's basement-bound mother>
- Mother-Person: Why not aim for all the fun you can get - me in the basement is not so much fun
- Me: heh... I guess that all depends on how often I let you out! :P
- Mother-Person: Don't forget, I can use tools.
- Me: ha, touche
- noted and filed away for future use
- I'll put you to work in a sweat shop?
- Mother-Person: drat, now you'll make sure I don't have tools - should have kept my mouth shut!
- Me: muWAHahahahahaha - you know how evil I am
- Mother-Person: Yeah, I'm real scared. (ho-hum)
- Me: bah
- can't say I didn't try to find a solution '-)
- Mother-Person: sorry, I can be scared if you want.
I kinda adapted this recipe. Personally, 3 tbsp seemed to me WAY too much fish sauce. It’s like sesame oil, it has staying power on the palate. Also called for kefir lime leaves, which, I seriously want to hunt down and see how they alter the recipe. However, I simply subsituted the juice of a key lime. Question: Asparagus? Not traditional probably? Tasty, yes. Authentic? Probably not. Peas? Sure. Pods, yeah okay. But I’m a rebel like that ‘-)
1/4 diced yellow onion
2 tsp minced ginger (I cheat and buy the pre-minced stuff from The Ginger People)
3 large cloves garlic (if it’s the purple stuff, don’t go to town- one’s enough)
1 tsp. ground coriander
1 tsp. ground cumin
1/4 tsp. fresh nutmeg
2 Tbsp. fish sauce
1 tsp. dried turmeric
2 Tbsp. yellow curry powder (I go for Outpost’s cuz it doesn’t make ppl’s lips peel back)
1 Tbsp. brown sugar
1 can coconut milk
juice of 1 fresh squeezed lime
1 finely diced roma tomato
1 cup cooked basmati rice
In a saucepan combine onion, ginger, garlic and sautee with olive oil until onion is clear. Add spices, sugar, and fish sauce. Sautee for a few more minutes. Add coconut milk, brown sugar and lime juice. Last, add diced tomato and a pinch of garam malsala if you happen to have it around.
Steam a few handfuls of pea pods, frozen peas, and asparagus tips.
Scoop rice into bowl, cover with veggies, then smother in curry sauce. It’s delicious. Go to town.
Just to warn you guys, I am *not* exacting about measuring when I cook. So figure it out your own damned self. I screw up sometimes too, live with it and learn from it. No complaining in comments.
Lemon Butter Rainbow Trout
2-3 rainbow trout fillets
salt to taste
Spanish sweet smoked paprika (sprinkle of)
rice vinegar (eh, a tablespoon or so?)
Set oven to broil and place your fillets in a small glass baking dish. Sprinkle fillets w sea salt and paprika. In a small bowl mix your clarified butter, rice vinegar, and squeeze out your lemon juice. Drizzle over fishes. Place in oven and broil for approx 8-10 mins.
- Oh, the dangers of shared iTunes...
- Jenn: WTF w the fuckin' Justin Timberlake!
- I WILL KILL YOU
- Sintaks: hahaha
- Jenn: mutherfucker
- Sintaks: he's... he's bringing sexy back :(
- Jenn: you want to get beaten with your own sexy?
- Sintaks: afraid that wouldn't do much damage, me being asian and all
- NICE TRY
- Now, if you wanted to beat me with my wit, that's a different story
- Jenn: THEN I WILL DISMEMBER YOU AND BEAT YOU WITH YOUR OWN LIMBS!
- small children wouldn't be harmed with your wit
- Sintaks: OH COME ON. IT'S COLDPLAY NOW. AND THEN KILLERS, RADIOHEAD, DEATHCAP, KEANE. BE HAPPY.
- Jenn: wth could I do to you with it
- Sintaks: *deathcab
- Jenn: SKIP TO THE KILLERS
- Sintaks: 10 seconds
- Jenn: DEATH WAITS FOR NO MAN
- Sintaks: I've never seen this side of you. I think the closest was with the dance lady.
- <music switches to Radiohead>
- Jenn: LOL
- this is acceptable
- you may live
- for now
- Sintaks: If not, well, I only have to survive two more days
- and then you'll NEVER SEE ME AGAIN OMG UR SO MEAN
- I switched over to DJ, so you can request stuff now
- Jenn: SWEEEEET
- I will request only things starting with the letter "OMG"